● Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
● Calculate the pressures, stresses, and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure.
● Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel, and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design.
● Examine structures at risk of collapse and advise how to improve their structural integrity.
● Use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
● Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
● 5-15 years of useful and related Structural engineering work experience in Oil, Gas, and Petrochemical industries.
● Good Knowledge of related Regulations, Codes, and Standards.
● Good Knowledge of related Civil regulations and standards.
● Data-driven mindset with excellent mathematical skills.
● Effective team-working skills.