As an assistant brand manager, you will be responsible to manage our brand equity by generating value for consumers. You’ll work across all levels and departments of our organization to find and build a unique value proposition and communicate it to the world. Assistant brand managers in collaboration with SBM are the people who shape a company’s outward image and generate values for consumers. To do that, you’ll need to uncover consumer insights and deliver innovative marketing campaigns. You are also responsible for the overall brand health, which is the equity of the brand and the P&L of the brand.
● Assist in devising an annual brand plan and budget to evolve assigned brand positioning and target consumer segments.
● Drive key brand initiatives that effectively reach and connect with target consumers.
● Provide new thinking around brand value proposal, unlocking whitespace or “new to portfolio/category” innovation.
● Work collaboratively with the innovation brand manager to develop and create a brand category and extension strategy, with a special focus on breakthrough innovation, new categories, and new market spaces. Includes innovation in business model or strategic partnership.
● Explain the innovation strategy to internal and key external partners.
● Work with Shopper and Customer Marketing (S&CM) and sales trade team to set annual plan and execution strategy to address the customer (retail) needs.
● Accountable for developing compelling, insight-based product concepts and partnering with research partners to identify the most reliable way to gain consumer feedback and validation.
● Assist brand manager with the creation of robust business cases (with innovation manager) through the gate-keeping product development process and gain executive leadership alignment.
● Assist in devising communication plan (shoppers, customers, and consumers): Accountable for delivering marketing objectives and strategies (defined by the marketing director) for the upcoming year across assigned brands with unique value proposals based on category strategies.
● Develop clear and compelling claims that reinforce positioning and strengthen brand proposition vs the competition (direct or indirect).
● Brief and manage agencies and internal teams (Marketing Operation, Sales, and S&CM) on marketing and communication objectives. Work with Shopper and Customer Marketing team to devise feasible annual shopper and customer plans as a part of the entire brand strategic plan.
● Measure and evaluate communication/claims performance and then optimizes to improve effectiveness, stay on trend, ensure value proposal offering and remain differentiated from competitors.
Insights and P&L:
● Manage own and contribute towards a brand/category P&L.
● Ensure meeting required profit margins by executives and in alignment with brand goals.
● Educate internal and external partners on the consumer, marketplace, and roadmap for market success.
● Identify gaps in the marketplace and new category understanding and champions research and analysis to build value-based concepts to fill the gaps.
● Set pricing strategy based on shopper insights and market data for key new product launches and current portfolios.
● At least 3 years of experience in the marketing/advertising field.
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in a Business-related fields or an MBA graduate.
● Knowledge of product pricing, packaging, distribution, and positioning.
● Familiarity with the latest marketing trends and best practices.
● Ability to conduct research and analyze data.
● Organizational skills, and experience meeting tight deadlines.
● Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
● Results-driven attitude.
● A creative mindset.
● Strategic thinking skills.