Main purpose of the job:
● Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors' prescriptions and protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards or precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
● Providing an accurate, timely, and qualitative dispensing service of drugs according to medical prescriptions and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve the patient’s health conditions.
Responsibilities and tasks:
● Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up universal hygiene standards or precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
● Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions.
● Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
● Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment.
● Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) kit
● Ensuring patients are properly received and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. Ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
● Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
● Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorization, etc.)
● Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used.
● Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
Specific requirements for the role:
● Essential recognized nurse degree.
● Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s.
● Farsi, basic reading and writing English will be as asset. Speaking English is desirable.
Personal attributes required:
● Stress management.