● Keep patient appointments on schedule by validating eligibility; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule.
● Register new patients and update existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal and financial information.
● Check-in/outpatients using electronic patient support data records.
● Scan medical records into the system where applicable.
● Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating insurance and personal financial information.
● Comfort patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; and maintaining the inventory of basic supplies.
● Work directly with the supply chain team to order medication and coordinate delivery.
● Ensure availability of treatment information by receiving, filing, and retrieving patient records and mail quickly and completely.
● Manage patient records in compliance with company and Ministry of Health guidelines.
● Submit and document forms and medical records in a timely manner.
● Ensure that work assignments and information gathered from day-to-day work are not shared with anyone.
● Assist with incoming calls and create telephone notes and assist with scheduling and inquiries.
● Support the Patient Services team with other duties.
● Verify insurance eligibility and assist with billing inquiries where applicable.
● Perform other duties as assigned to support the company's Mission, Vision, and Values.
● Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
● Minimum of 1 year in health education, patient navigation, and/or health clinic patient assistance field.
● Experience in the medical field and referral/patient. navigation and/or billing/medical records are preferred.
● Multi-tasking, flexibility, telephone skills, strong customer service skills, time management, organization, attention to detail, scheduling, professionalism, and quality focus.
● Maintains high standards of privacy and confidentiality with regard to patient information.
● Availability to travel 60% of the time including frequent out-of-town travels.
● Fluent in Microsoft Office.
● Intermediate knowledge of English in reading and writing.