Radio Planning and Optimization Engineer (License Management Engineer)
Naghsh Aval Keyfiat (NAK) Tehran
Posted 9 months ago
VIP CC OPT engineer Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• To have NPO engineer qualification (explained in 2nd and 3rd paragraphs of this document)
• To Raise New Request ; Communicating with Vendors , for providing the required permanent keys for all activities or ongoing projects , such as New Sites, High Low usage , Reshuffling of Licenses, Sector addition , …
• Chasing Up BSC and RNC licenses Keys; Raising Requests for Needed Licenses for BSC /RNC , Based on New Analysis or Utilization Report or New Dimensioning Plan.
• Having Solid Knowledge of Hardware ; Being Fully Familiar with Detail of Different Hardware ( Base Bands and RF Modules ) which Licenses key are Requested for them , to adapt and allocate right number of features or quantities to each technologies / band / capacity or any other Functionalities limitation.
• Licenses Pool overall Monitoring and control ; To balance all requested LK with what is running in the network , by sanity check of Licenses pool and actual network.
• To Escalate the Issues; Pursuing the licenses issues such as miss matched or missing features with Relevant Stockholders ( Vendors , Customer)
The key Responsibilities of NPO engineer:
• Analyze the provided inputs related to coverage services and network capacity target.
• Develop an optimal yearly plan for Radio Access Network development plan including the Transmission needs, following the Customer Engineering Guidelines.
• Issue Site Search Forms to the Network Implementation Department.
• Timely review and approval of site candidates based on Site Survey Reports from Network Implementation Department, or where necessary, do an additional site survey.
• Deliver to the Network Implementation Department prior to the technical site survey the detailed Engineering draft in line with the Customer Engineering Guidelines
• Ensure timely completion of detailed Engineering Validation Plans (based on Site Survey Reports and approved Site Candidate), comprising proportionate expansions of Radio, Transmission.
• Prepare technical BOQ and Site Specifications for RFQ (Bill of Quantities).
• Approve the final detailed design report provided by the Network Implementation Department.
• Provide timely network and configuration data elements for commissioning.
• Support Network Operation in integration of new operation in the network.
• Coordinate post-integration testing and performance analysis, to verify proper functioning of the network, in compliance with specifications and design (including scheduling Drive Tests for new operation if needed).
• Provide support for Network Operation and Network Implementation Department in Acceptance of completed projects, attending the Acceptance Tests where required and appropriate.
• The radio propagation and signal management.
• The Radio Access Network architecture, dimensioning, cell planning and network cell integration.
• The radio interface channels, main protocols and soft parameters.
• The radio interface OSS and measurement performance and KPIs.
• The Mobile networks technologies (GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, H+, and LTE).
• Excellent knowledge of process of the Network Planning and Optimization in a Telecom Operator for 2G, 3G and 4G and the constraints related.
• Ability to work with many dedicated tools (planning tool like ASSET, ATOLL, PLANET), AFP, Google earth, map info …)
• University Degree of specialization (Radio, Transmission,) or equivalent.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of modern cellular (GSM) radio.
• 3 years previous hands-on engineering and design experience in planning and/or optimization cellular telecommunications systems (GSM).
• Vendor hardware knowledge