Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs. Monitors administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
• Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
• Formulates and recommends human resources policies and objectives for the company with regards to employee relations. Manages and resolves employee relations issues.
• Administers benefit and wellness programs, including leave of absence requests, and ongoing employee benefit questions.
• Conducts workplace investigations.
• Works directly with store managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
• Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
• Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes human resources services, employee recognition, company events, and community involvement.
• Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
• Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
• Screens, interviews, recommends hire actions and related documentation.Manages payroll administration including time, and wage entry, processing of payroll information, etc.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources. Advanced degree or professional certification in Human Resources is a plus and 6+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, and employee relations.
• Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices.
• Above average oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop and lead Human Resource staff members.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant of the senior leadership team that provides company leadership and direction.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and in-depth experience with HRIS software.
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational skills.