● Work with system/network engineers and software engineers to define requirements and standards.
● Research, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
● Use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
● Manage open-source relational/non-relational databases.
● A working understanding of code and script.
● Strong background in Linux/Unix administration.
● Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
● More than three to five years of experience with Linux/UNIX systems and applications.
● Experience working with EMP Stack (Nginx, MySQL, and PHP) is a must.
● In-depth technical knowledge of and experience with Linux.
● Strong knowledge of shell scripting and automation.
● Experience with any Object Oriented programming language (Java, Kotlin, Python, etc.).
● Experience with Docker and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes or Mesos) is a plus.
● Expertise in supporting and designing web applications running on a Linux infrastructure.
● Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, SALT, Puppet, or any other equivalent.
● Experience working with traditional SQL databases as well as NoSQL and Key-Value stores (Redis, and MongoDB).
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce usable and maintainable documentation.
● Demonstrate problem-solving abilities and initiative.