● Consult, clarify and prepare work orders with requestors, ensuring that they include accurate and sufficient level of information for execution, create minimum disturbance to on-going business, detailing affected parts of the network, possible risks, and adequate measures for backup and fallback, recommended time for execution, as well as post-implementation tests to verify the correct functioning of the network.
● Assist equipment suppliers, contractors, partners, and other departments (Planning and Implementation) in preparing specifications for equipment supply and commissioning.
● Provide special support to planning and optimization, OS department.
● Follow alarm handling and escalation procedures where a fault is reported to the front office operator in charge, so ensure the shortest possible reaction and remedy times applicable to specific fault categories, and attain the required service levels.
● Assist front office engineer in charge in fault diagnosis, including its severity level, if not determined within the required period.
● Take charge of remedy of failures where the front office in charge has failed to resolve the fault remotely within the required period and report it to senior management.
● 2nd line support shall be scheduled for 24/7 standby according to duty rota with fallback positions.
● 2nd line supports shall carry multiple independent means of communications), were on standby (primary or fallback position).
● Report timely on fault remedy progress to the front office engineer in charge, to ensure the latter is current with resolution status and in a position to update the trouble ticketing system/fault log accordingly.
● Follow trouble ticket logging procedures with system Vendors (CSR /Cisco), update and train front office engineers on the same where necessary.
● Perform second line support for the related Network element (BSS, NSS, Transmission, core, DATA CENTER SWITCH, IP ROUTER, FIREWALLING, WAN LINKS …). Provide Remote support to all FO teams if required.
● Work on-site if required (in case the FO team failed to solve the issue by remote support) and ensure to solve the problem within the agreed SLA.
● Perform daily health check performance and analysis, report immediately in case of any ambiguity.
● Check the network utilization on daily basis and then suggest recommendations for approval and execution.
● Implement new software/CDs whenever available/required.
● Ensure 2nd line trouble ticket management, fault diagnosis, remote fault resolution, management, and control.
● Monitor the system critical/Major alarms on a daily basis and perform the activity to minimize the occurrence.
● Prepare an action plan to erase network problems for the occurred problems.
● Implement quality check programs on the domain.
● Check the quality of the network and prepare an action plan in case of an abnormal situation not detected by the Front Office, send the report of the investigation to network performance if needed, and request WO for execution.
● Responsible for accurate and timely problem remedy, escalation to vendor support, or field operations as required. Follow up on and drive remedial efforts, incl. vendor support or field maintenance was engaged, until the closure of Trouble Ticket.
● Prepare weekly meetings with the vendor support to define an action plan regarding the ongoing trouble tickets, prepare CR/Work order with network performance and optimization department taking into consideration Vendor support comments and recommendations.
● Follow with the vendor support WO/CR execution to solve the problem, and check the performance to ensure the problem is solved.
● Follow the creation of the new network element in the OMC/NMSs via receiving the CR/WO, check the parameters, and highlight cases of anomalies.
● Support Network integration for the integration of the new elements, and ensure all alarms are cleared before any confirmation.
● Confirm to all the concerned team the integration of the new element without reserves, in case reserves need to be highlighted, and request to remove all the reserves before putting the element network on air.
● Verify that network installations and activities are performed according to safety rules.
● Report and address without delay any deviations and anomalies.
● Ensure all the information regarding the trouble (Alarms, Customer complaints) is completed in the system (Trouble Ticket system/CRM/Network Database).
● Archive the trouble, and all the best practices to be shared with the other technical department.
● Ensure all the changes done in the network are updated and confirmed in the change request tools.
● Comprehensive but not in-depth knowledge of all network segments and data centers for the purposes of fault diagnosis and 1st line remedial action.
● Required extensive knowledge in troubleshooting his domain-related issues.
● Fully understand the O&M environment and requirements;
● Knowledge of his domain-related KPIs and troubleshooting.
● Understanding and hands-on experience with his domain-related tools.
● Understanding of call, TCP, IP flow and ability to understand and analyze the Traces/logs.
● Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
● Persistence and perseverance.
● Rigor and organization.
● Teamwork spirit.
● Working under pressure.
● Minimum of 4 years of related experience.
● 4 years of experience in operating in related nodes (modern cellular telecommunications systems or TCP/IP network and Data Center, preferably IP solutions).
● Bachelor's degree in Telecommunication Engineering.
● Supplier-specific hardware knowledge.
● Thorough knowledge and extensive practical, supplier-specific experience in the relevant area (BSS, DATA CENTER, SWITCH)
● Previous work experience in Data Center NOC as a technician is an advantage.
● Proficient English.
● Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.).
● Ability to work off hours depending on network outages and customer requests.