The main objective of the role:
In close collaboration with the Project Medical Referent, supervising the implementation of patient support activities according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures in order to empower the patient during their illness and treatment, beyond the purely medical aspects of care.
● Assisting the medical referent in assessing the patient support needs, defining the patient support strategy according to the changing medical needs and context, and developing patient support tools (counsel-ling/education protocols, health promotion messages, etc.).
● Ensuring, monitoring, and evaluating the implementation of patient support activities according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures.
● Ensuring good communication and collaboration with the other components of the project and other partners working on patient support.
● Supervising and supporting the staff under her responsibility, planning and organizing their work.
● In close collaboration with the HR department, supervising the associated HR processes (recruitment, training, induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development, and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
● Ensuring data collection and analysis of patient support activities (collecting reports of patient support staff, summarizing reports, etc.).
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in Counselling, Social Science, or other health related fields.
● 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGOs.
● Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
● English and Farsi knowledge; Baluch could be an asset.
● Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, and the internet).
● Results and quality orientation.
● Teamwork and cooperation.
● Stress management.