We are currently looking for an System Engineer, to join our rapidly growing team. The System Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the existing production environment as well as assist in building out their infrastructure to support the growth of the company.
Primary responsibilities for Linux engineer:
● Create, automate, provision, and deploy Linux-based operating systems/applications rapidly and at a very large scale.
● Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance.
● Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure.
● Think out of the box and solve complex scaling challenges.
● 3+ Years experience with Linux/Unix administration in large scale server environments.
● Experience with scripting and system automation (Bash, Python, Perl, Awk, etc.)
● Experience with monitoring tools: Zabbix (preferable), Cacti, Nagios, Pinspotter, etc.
● Virtualization experience, KVM preferred.
● Experience in Security Hardening in UNIX, Linux.
● Certification (or Certificate of attendance) of LPIC-1, LPIC-2.
● General Qualifications for System Engineer.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills—documentation skills mandatory.
● Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis and resolution skills.
● Ability to leave the attitude at the door, be receptive to new ideas and be Able to switch projects at the drop of a hat.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.