● Meticulous and keen on planning and scheduling, work and cost breakdown structure (WBS & CBS) analysis and composition of multidisciplinary EPC projects and engineering services etc. Persistent in determining tasks steps in details, dependencies and relationships in order to attain a realistic schedule resulting in logical and sound identification of critical path. Constant and close weekly analysis, advanced identification and forecasting of critical tasks and mitigate risks. A pro-active and dynamic attitude in maintaining a realistic project schedule by troubleshooting, repair and/or revision of existing schedule if required.
● Sound knowledge of engineering, contractual and commercial aspects of major projects.
● Prepare and issue planning package as per contractual terms and conditions and receiving approval from the Client within the stipulated period of the contract.
● Ensure that the schedule is based on project execution strategy and schedule milestones are achievable.
● Develop S Curve and Manpower histogram and check if these are achievable.
● Ensure that required resources and skillsets are available to meet the schedule and resources are leveled and activities are rescheduled if the required skill set is not available.
● Ensure that schedule is updated and maintained valid throughout the duration of the project and that PM and team is aware of forward load and manpower availability.
● Document schedule changes and keeps time-phased copies of the schedule of the work as historical records as the project progresses.
● Resource Planning and Forecasting of projects and activities.
● Project cost control budget establishment and reporting.
● Report earned value in terms of earned man-hours and value of work done (VOWD).
● Compare and analyze earned value with actual and planned values and report in the form of CPI and SPI.
● Ensure to maintain master deliverable register throughout the project.
● Participate in the rising of change request / change order.
● Analyze schedule variance and plan remedy if there are any negative variances.
● Prepare project control statements and monthly forward load of resources.
● Prepare portfolio-level project reports.
● Follow up Issue log at all parts of the project and coordinated and held the internal meeting with project team and subcontractors, technical and execution team to improve the performance.
● Prepare progress status reports using macros in Excel to produce any kinds of progress reports very quickly for the project manager – developing control cost, time and resources to update the project schedule.
● Initiate, prepare and develop project plans and schedules according to standards, contract specifications and accepted project management practices.
● Coordinate with the project manager, site manager, site engineers, job estimators, engineers of various disciplines etc to acquire proper data and specifications for the schedule.
● Analyze drawings, specifications and method statements of works for the preparation of activity networks/scheduling/resources planning and allocation.
● Develop major milestone activities and establish a well-defined work breakdown structure, which includes all the scopes of work.
● Establish the schedule based on key dates, milestone dates, the scope of works, resource loading etc, as specified in the contract.
● Assign duration, resources (manpower, materials and equipment) and budgeted cost for each activity based on their weight factor and quantity/volume of work; and identify long lead items required in the project.
● Generate detailed work plan, critical activities/path, planned/progress S-Curves, budget Histogram/planned distribution tables, Resource Histogram/planned distribution tables etc.
● Develop databases for procurement deliverables and construction activities for monitoring/analyzing/tracking progresses.
● Review, analyze and refine sequence and logic of tasks/activities and highlight any critical activity that needs particular attention.
● Track, monitor and forecast progress of all activities and deliverables such as products, engineering documents, fabrication status and construction of all disciplines.
● Review subcontractor’s quotation for execution stage in line with our budget, planned resource and profitability.
● Follow-up with subcontractor/ site team to monitor project progress and make reports.
● Monitoring & analysis of progress right from the field.
● Evaluate dates to completion and project delay, if any, periodically by updating actual progress data.
● Prepare reports & charts, i.e., daily/weekly and/or monthly reports as required by management and/or client.
● Support project management in accomplishing project status review and performance control.
● Attend project progress status review meetings with client, vendors and sub-contractors.
● Prepare reports about activities to be prioritized (critical activities) for site supervisors/Engineers.
● Prepare cash flow charts/tables and financial models.
● Estimate and forecast quantity of works and costs/amount of works.
● Prepare progress invoices/bills to the client.
● Review and verify the progress invoices/bills of sub-contractors and vendors.
● Create a new unit price for material that is not included in contracts.
● Develop an action and recovery plan to support project completion on time.
● Revise the project plans and schedules (re-planning and re-base lining) for variation orders/change orders/additional scope of works and extensions of time.
● Prepare various schedules such as schedules for pre-commissioning/commissioning/performance tests etc.
● Supervise and instruct on activities for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives.
● Update/maintain project database and record in a proper way, especially for materials.
● Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of subcontractors.
● Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems.
● Minimum of 10 years of experience within an oil and gas industry facilities fabrication/construction/engineering project control environment.
● Minimum of 8 years in a project controls lead/supervisory role.
● Technical professional with in-depth project fabrication/engineering/construction experience and knowledge of project controls requirements particularly relating to such.
● Tertiary Technical qualifications are essential.
● Good team player with a pro-active and flexible attitude, and able to work in a challenging environment, with minimal supervision. Must be able to communicate at professional engineer level and thus draw together the best information into a multi-discipline package for the project.
● Fluent in written and spoken English (essential)
● PC Literate in MS Windows, Excel, MS Office, MS Project, Primavera Planning (minimum skilled level).
● Mature person with cultural sensitivity.