The People Data, Reporting and Analytics officer provides overall governance and control over the quality of people data across the Group to ensure the accuracy and consistency of reporting and analytics.
The candidate should have a desire to work in fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative environment. The candidate should love learning, data, and creativity. The candidate should excel at making complex concepts simple and easy to understand by those around him/her in the team and to executives.
• Interact with our Globally Integrated SAP suite and HRMS including analytics tool, bring new ideas and innovation to HR data and insights.
• Provide support for HR and the Business in the areas of people metrics, reporting and advanced and predictive analytics.
• Translate high-level business objectives into consistent, accurate, efficient and effective reporting solutions, primarily through creating SQL extracts out of a highly normalized database for our data visualization team.
• Acts as primary first point of contact for ad-hoc reporting, recurring dashboards and data analysis.
• Build and own management reporting processes and procedures in conjunction with other HR functions.
• Produces reports and ad-hoc data requests at regular intervals using tools such as Excel, SAP reporting, Tableau and Qualtrics.
• Identifies relationships and trends in data to uncover insightful findings.
• Works within the HRIS applications (primarily HRMS/ SAP) and financial applications (SAP) to help research and resolve missing information or data errors within systems.
• Identifies opportunities to automate / streamline reports, and redesign reports to include these efficiencies.
• Develops scorecards for various departments, dashboards, and reports that effectively depict information in a concise and actionable manner.
• Maintains data security for highly sensitive records, ensuring no data leaks outside its intended area.
• Develops and enforces data standards, including documenting who should have access to data, and definitions and calculations of common data fields.
• Oversee design and configuration of HR Reports and Analytics
• Design / deliver reports, visualizations, communications, for people Insights and Events
• Examine, analyze, interpret, and report the results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders.
• Provides analytical support for complex projects using research and data analysis skills.
• Methodically test to ensure all corner cases are caught
• Create, maintain, and ensure quality and integrity of key HR data sets.
• Investigate and explore large data sets to discover possible hypothesis which can be tested using sound statistical methods to in turn drive meaningful action.
• Build innovative data models and predictive tools that guide leaders towards the right decisions that will ultimately drive efficiency and ROI.
• Tell “stories” using the data by translating highly technical statistical outputs into a message that is clear to our clients. (ex. What was the problem? What did the data tell us? What should/could we do next?)
• Strive to understand the business issues facing the organization and proactively make recommendations regarding analysis that can inform those business decisions.
• Craft persuasive messages that communicate the business recommendations and conclusions based on the analysis using advanced skills in PowerPoint and superior written and oral presentation skills,
• Research and analyze data to identify trends, uncover potential opportunities and partner with Business People Partners and other HR functions to develop recommendations.
• Communicate recommendations on initiatives and influence leaders through data, analytics, and thoughtful interpretation of findings.
• Maintain awareness of best practices, including processes and technology, and finds opportunities for improvement of existing functionality.
• Use Python, Matlab, R, Minitab, Excel and other appropriate analytics software to uncover key insights, new opportunities and/or address specific project based analytics efforts.
• Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Operation Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning or related field. OR additional equivalent years of experience
• 2+ years of direct experience in:
• People Analytics and/or the challenges facing a 21st century Human Resources organization.
• Demonstrated success in solving technical challenges related to people, social science, organizations, or operations.
• Research or analysis in a consulting, executive or corporate environment
• Use of analytics / machine learning techniques to derive insights from large complex and multi-dimensional data set including data cleansing.
• Demonstrated skill in the use of analytics tools or languages e.g. R, Python, SQL.
• Strong skills in bringing theoretical ideas to proof of concept- Creating examples, prototypes, extensions for proof of concepts to demonstrate effectiveness of the technologies and models.
• Understanding of artificial intelligence, deep learning and modelling neural networks.
• Background in delivering UX for dashboards.
• Knowledge of resource managers e.g. OpenStack, Mesos, Kubernetes, Vmware, Git.
• Familiarity with a Software engineering environment e.g. test driven development, agile methodologies, build and integration automation.
• Ability to clearly communicate concepts including visuals and key insights within analytics team and the communities.
• Excellent communications skills and executive presence