- Study plans for upcoming generation of engine models, and develop strategies for improving upon current models
- Design products using AutoCAD, and consult with engineering and manufacturing teammates to ensure that designs are feasible
- Develop and build prototypes and run tests to measure their level of function
- Record and evaluate testing data, altering designs as necessary to bring them to safety, performance and efficiency standards
- Research competitor products quarterly and collaborate with product development team to generate ideas for making our products the best ones on the market
- Calculate cost estimates for final product designs, and release reports to supervisors, incorporating costs of labor, material, delivery and overhead
- Attend weekly team meetings to provide progress reports, obtain updates on colleagues’ progress, strategist on steps for following week and acquire information about projected emerging product lines
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Two years’ experience in a professional engineering position.
Proficiency with Auto CAD, Inventor CAD, Auto Desk and Microsoft Office.
Soft Skills and Personality traits: teamwork.