The Tosan Company is extending team from curious, passionate, and collaborative industrial designers. We are looking for highly motivated, determined problem-solvers with a rigorous attention to detail. The Industrial Designer will develop new conceptual product solutions or enhancing existing products for next generation product series which are aesthetically appropriate and marketable
- A strong knowledge and appreciation of the various material options (corrugated, plastic, etc.) and the manufacturing
- Processes to bring the design to life on time and on budget
- A firm understanding of the details to assure projects roll out smoothly – die lines, critical dimensions, materials, etc.
- Up to date knowledge on the latest materials and processes.
- Creates and develops design concepts and specifications that optimize the function, ergonomics, perceived value and appearance of physical products and systems for product consumers and end users.
- A body of work that has been produced or the understanding of how it can be produced.
- Passion for materials and material exploration.
- A healthy obsession with how things are made and how they work.
- Experience in hands-on prototyping, without relying solely on virtual design tools.
- Deep appreciation for aesthetics.
- Radical creativity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Product Design required.
- Minimum three years of industrial design and/or product design experience required.
- Professional experience with Solid works required.
- Portfolio/work samples are requested to accompany application.
- university degree: Mechanical Engineer