This job position is intended for Sourcing and Purchasing Expert in the Oil & Gas and Mining & Steel industries for finding, evaluating, developing relationship, and negotiating with equipment suppliers and manufactures, and planning, organizing, and performing the purchasing activities and budget of the purchases.
• BSc/MSc in Mechanical Engineering or related fields, with high technical understanding of the mechanical equipment (rotary & fixed equipment, and process equipment), to ensure the adequacy of specifications for sourcing and purchasing purposes.
• Several years of experience as a sourcing and purchasing agent or officer and familiarity with import processes and formalities are required.
• Professional working proficiency in the English language (writing, speaking, reading and comprehension of business correspondence and technical documentation).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Knowledge of foreign purchasing processes, terminology, and documents, applicable laws and regulations, mathematics, economics and accounting, relevant tools and technology, and customer service.
• Negotiation, persuasion, active listening and learning, critical thinking, analytical thinking, judgment and decision making, reading comprehension, project management, mathematics, time management, reporting and presentation skill sets.
• Oral expression and comprehension, speech clarity and recognition, written expression and comprehension, inductive and deductive reasoning, and problem sensitivity.
• Integrity, dependability, stress tolerance, autonomy, attention to detail, persistence, initiative, adaptability/flexibility, and cooperation.
• Proficiency in frequently reading dense and complex text in both print and non-print documents, and have ability to make high-level inferences using specialized knowledge.
• Ability to create and use professional documents, including price tables, purchase requisition/order forms, invoices, order forms, work schedules, databases, accounting and financial statements, various administrative forms, graphs and charts using purchasing information on items, suppliers, prices, purchases, etcetera.
• Capability to search the web, refer to supplier lists, read websites, brochures and trade publications to obtain information about potential suppliers and products.
• Ability to remember product and supplier information for regularly purchased items and the contractual details of preferred suppliers, and details of special and/or custom orders
• Enhanced learning to be acquired as part of regular work activity, through training offered in-house, through reading or other forms of self-study, or through off-site training.
• Candidates having certified professional purchasing designation or equivalent is preferred.