TPE is currently recruiting for the position of a Commercial Manager (Upstream), based in Tehran.
• To provide direction in the development and execution of upstream commercial assessment and strategy and to support the Manager - Commercial and Planning in project/asset commercial analysis and decision support.
• To ensure that upstream project, new venture, or incremental opportunity is commercially supported, modelled, and documented in order to meet Company's required business plans and standards.
• To provide expertise, resources, and specialized commercial analysis systems to direct project/asset management and achieve performance results set out for Company's respective investments.
• To manage and direct commercial coordination within the Upstream Directorate and to work with the respective departments to attain operational objectives.
• Directs commercial feasibility studies for all upstream new venture projects and work with other departments in economic analyses required for new venture approval and implementation.
• Manages and directs the activities of assigned personnel in the Commercial Department.
• Performs supervisory duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by management for the position.
• Ensures that the Company's occupational safety and health and environment policy is effectively implemented in all areas of work under his control, reducing unfavourable trends and ensures that corrective actions are promptly implemented.
• Develops safety plans and programs in coordination with the HSE Department, to ensure that all subordinates are competent to carry out their work and fully aware of all hazards.
• Evaluates the impact of all activities under his responsibility on the environment by participating in the development, implementation and monitoring of a sound environment protection program.
• Evaluates emerging projects and opportunities, performs data gathering, economic analyses, and financial analysis, including sensitivity studies, in order to assess and advance development and acquisition plans.
• Performs new venture/project modelling from initial stages to future development planning and recommends project strategies to improve performance.
• Evaluates, defines, and prepares relevant market assessments and commercial pricing analyses and forecasts suitable for upstream business requirements.
• Develops detailed project commercial analysis workflow reporting and guidelines for internal consideration and related parties.
• Works with Company key contributors on setting clear and actionable KPIs for performance management and project assessment.
• Provides commercial modelling and risk assessment, cash flow input, and forecasting tools required for analysis of potential hedging strategy.
• Develop and maintain a new venture/project database, partner file, and commercial contact summary suitable to assist Company in approaching and negotiating with potential business partners.
• Develops department staff especially nationals in commercial evaluations and managerial areas to enhance their capabilities.
• Ensures that Company has the state of art technology and intellectual capacity and know how to work competently as an independent operator and an effective partner with international companies.
• Works with the upstream team in maximizing the benefits of upstream integration within the Company scope of production and sales operations.
• In coordination with other upstream managers, oversees the technical coordination and interaction with Company partners.
Skills and Experience
• BSc in Engineering, Economics or Business Management preferred.
• Extensive experience in the oil and gas industry including commercial management and economic evaluation techniques and systems, within upstream& oil field development.
• Fluency in English with good communication skills.
• Excellent Numerical and analytical skills.
• Computer applications.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact TPE for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV.