The objective of the role:
Perform oral and written translation, from the mission language (English) to the local language (Farsi) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, respectful, objective, and fluent communications between MSF staff and the local population.
Responsibilities and tasks:
● Translate in medical and non-medical meetings and training with staff and external actors.
● Translate MSF internal/external documents into Farsi and English.
● Translate Farsi written documents into English.
● Keep a record of all translated documents.
● Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to MSF.
● Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
● Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during a meeting, medical consultation, or interview with local people.
● Provide face-to-face interpreting, as well as during telephone and video calls or other telecom devices, when necessary.
● Support admin department as requested.
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in English Translation.
● Minimum 3 years of translation and interpretation experience in private, public, and NGO sectors.
● Essential, bilingual in both English and Farsi.
● Fluent in MS Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, or online meeting applications.
● Teamwork spirit.
● Flexible, committed, and responsible.
Note: The application deadline is at 23:59 on May 25th, 2022 (others submitted after the time will not be accepted).