Provides analytical and other professional-level support to the compensation and benefits function. May assist with job documentation, special studies, job evaluation, salary administration, preparation of communications materials, and training of administrators. This is the first level of specialist.
·Analyzes costs and competitive trends in cash compensation and benefits programs and identifies the organization's position.
· Prepares data and participates in surveys and in reviews of data.
· Develops administrative procedures to monitor and reduce costs and improve the delivery of programs.
· Oversees the administration of programs and maintenance of required records.
· Documents and evaluates positions up through middle management.
· Advises managers on individual salary treatment and employees on the interpretation of plan provisions.
· Participates in the development of compensation and benefits policy.
· Conducts and analyzes survey results to assist in comparing compensation and benefits plans.
· Assists in merit budget planning and administration.
· Drafts compensation and benefits plan administrative procedures and communications materials.
· Monitors plan costs, identify problem areas, and reviews changes in compensation and benefits law.
· Trains operating management in the administration of compensation and benefits programs.
· Prepares and maintains position descriptions and participates in the evaluation of positions up through the first level of management.
- Degree in Engineering, Statistical, Accounting, business/economics, HR management, or other related fields
- Practical experience in the field of compensations and benefits advantageous
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Good analytical skills and, at best, experience with quantitative data collection
- Knowledge about different options of compensation and ways to motivate people