- Develops and maintains a communications strategy;
- Develop AYDM’s image as a leading NGO with funding bodies, government and other organisations in the EDUCATION sector;
- Maintain effective networks and seek opportunities to expand and promote the role of AYDM;
- Help to develop the branding and external communications strategy of AYDM;
- Support the development of AYDM’s digital presence, including social media strategy, e-marketing activities and the website
- Defines and implements a content strategy and approach for digital platforms at AYDM. Develop content style guide and approaches for the multiplatform web, social media and multimedia on AYDM priority subjects;
- Ensures various public audiences are informed about AYDM programmes and projects, including identifying creative and innovative ways to demonstrate results of the AYDM;
- Promotes a coherent image of the AYDM;
- Produces advocacy materials and communication products in various formats;
- Drafts op-eds, speeches, and other vehicles for communication for senior officials;
- Improves the knowledge about the AYDM and NGOs in Iran.
- Develops and implements strategies and methodologies to attract partnerships with the private sector and academia as well as for knowledge management;
- Identifies partnerships in support of SDG-4 (EDUCATION) acceleration and integration;
- Forges and nourishes strategic partnerships for increased knowledge on sustainable development and in particular SDG-4.
- Coordinates outreach and partnership opportunity with the programme team, identifying opportunities with external partners;
- Performs assignments and projects, in collaboration with I/NGOs, the donor communities; plans and facilitates workshops and other interactive sessions on sustainable development innovations; assists in developing action plans within AYDM mandate;
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Leverages technology in innovative ways to reach broader audiences and strengthen the AYDM brand and engagement.
- Develop and execute the AYDM fundraising strategy to create reliable and diversified revenue streams from: Trusts and Foundations, Individual Donors, and Corporate Funders;
- Identify and develop new opportunities for individual giving, in both donor acquisition and donor development;
- Increase both monthly and one-time donations from individuals using various online and offline channels including direct mail, face-to-face fundraising, internet-based fundraising and emergency fundraising;
- Develop strong middle level donor and monthly giving programs.
- Increase donor understanding through research and analysis creating segmentation strategies for "one too many" marketing activities;
- Manage relations with partners, media, contractors and suppliers for programmers;
- Write funding applications, manage and develop relationships with donors to maximize their support, ensuring that reporting requirements are fulfilled and new applications prepared and submitted where appropriate;
- Provide reports and analysis of fundraising activities
Gender preference: Female
At least Bachelor degree: communication or journalism or political science or social sciences or international relations.
Play a good role in team work
Job experience: At least 5 years
Courses in communication techniques such as graphic design, visual language and the use of social media.
- 2 years of relevant experience in communication and/or advocacy;
- Proven experience in writing advocacy documents and in the production of communication materials and products;
- Experience of using digital media and social networking;
- Fundraising experience with Trusts, Foundations, Major Donors, Corporate, and fundraising events;
- A proven record of achieving income targets, including being personally responsible for converting contacts into donations;
- Experience of analysis, review and monitoring of fundraising performance;
- A proactive approach to developing relationships with founders and influential decision-makers
- Presentation skills;
- Experience supporting humanitarian emergency and recovery activities;
- Working experience with NGO/INGO/UN or with international non-govermental organization;
- Experience in organizing advocacy campaigns.
Ability to write well in both Persian and English, and produce engaging communication materials;
Proven skills in the development and implementation of communication and media products and tactics;
Excellent interpersonal skills complemented by the ability to conceptualized ideas and advocate consensus;
Excellent presentation skills;
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to achieve multiple deadlines;
Ability to “think out of the box” and to make innovative proposals to extend communication reach;
Demonstrated ability to work within an emergency context at country level.
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of Persian and English.
Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
Experience with databases is an asset.