Location: Tehran, Alborz (Remotely)
Duration and type of contract: 3 Months ـ Part-time (20 hours per month)
Reports to: Community Service Hub Manager.
About the project:
Relief International (RI) and Iranian Life Quality Improvement Association (ILIA Charity) are willing to expand activities of the two Community Service Hubs in Tehran and Alborz, by providing legal support services to both Afghan and Iranian vulnerable households in order to increase access of the people to entitlement and services. Furthermore, an improvement on well-being and local integration for Afghans living in Iran will also be achieved.
The purpose of the Legal Counselor position is to provide free legal counseling and assistance to Afghan and Iranian vulnerable households, who approach the Community Service Hubs. Considering the Covid-19 pandemic, the counselor is supposed to work remotely.
Essential job functions:
● Conduct phone call interviews with Afghan and Iranian people, who are approaching the Hubs, in order to identify their legal needs and gaps, with respect to identity and confidentiality principles,
● Provide accurate legal counseling and sharing detailed information to address the identified gaps and increase the access of communities to essential services by using simple language;
● Stay accountable to people, who already received advice and are in need of further support;
● Archive the opened cases by considering data protection policies;
● Keep the track of beneficiaries information by using the approved files and forms;
● Prepare and share regular reports with the Hub Manager.
● Minimum of University bachelor's degree in Law or other relevant social science fields.
● Good knowledge of the Iranian legal system.
● Updated information of the situation, status, and challenges of Afghan people in Iran, and also about the humanitarian context in Iran.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Good working level of English and native proficiency in Persian, both written and spoken.
● Experience from working with the Afghan population is an asset.