Snapp is the pioneer provider of ride-hailing mobile solutions in Iran that connects smartphone owners in need of a ride to Snapp drivers who use their private cars offering transportation services. We are ambitious, passionate, engaged, and excited about pushing the boundaries of the transportation industry to new frontiers and be the first choice of each user in Iran.
About the team
Data center team is committed to providing an up-to-date technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing Snapp. We are responsible for ensuring network, firewalls, servers, and services are secure, operational, and highly available. We identify failures and problems in the network, servers, firewalls, etc. Because data centers run 24 hours per day, we may need to work evenings and weekends. We may also need to be on call to work when technical problems occur.
About the Role
As a Project Manager in the Data center team, you will be working on shortening the services delivery time, following up the Datacenter-related Milestones, Documenting, Reporting, and Making the team members align with the objectives and business goals.
- Working closely with the Datacenter Manager to plan, execute, and control data center OKRs and projects at Snapp.
- Optimizing and improving data center operation and processes where necessary.
- Collaborating in cross-functional activities with other infrastructure teams.
- Providing essential project metrics and reports to share insights with higher authorities.
- Managing relationships with stakeholders.
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation.
- Taking the “Getting things done” approach in conducting team activities.
- Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, anticipating and making tradeoffs, and balancing the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Planning and managing multiple parallel projects.
- 4 years relevant work experience, including technical program management experience in Technology firms.
- Knowledge and experience with different project management approaches and frameworks (Waterfall and Agile).
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL processes like change management, request fulfillment, incident management, etc.
- Good understanding of IP networks and data center hardware engineering.
- Good knowledge of other IT infrastructure disciplines such as DevOps, Cloud, SRE, Security, etc.
- Ability to keep teams focused on delivering outcomes to meet deadlines with quality.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience with project management tools, especially Jira/Confluence.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.