We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms. We’re looking for someone with experience in back-end development, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Proficiency in Python and Familiarity with Scala is a plus.
- Experience in test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience in Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in Back-End Development and Building APIs and services.
- 2-3 years of professional experience as a Software Developer or similar role.
- Experience in using SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in containerization technology: Docker/Swarm or Kubernetes
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated to learn cutting-edge tech.
- Familiarity with Financial Markets and Financial Data.
- Familiarity with Data Science and Machine Learning.