• Responsible for all the technical purchases linked to the project. The position is reporting Directly to Project Manager and functionally to MECA purchasing director. Good communication with IMCO purchasing department is necessary.
• Responsible for implementation of the full purchasing cycle for the Technical
purchases following the Group purchasing rules.
The main steps are:
- Reviewing the Investment,
- Selection of suppliers panel
- The Preparation of the “cahier des charges” and get the approval of the project manager on it
- Tendering process
- Negotiating prices, alone up to a level defined by MECA Purchasing Director following up importation in case of foreign purchasing
and prepare all the needed supplier and purchasing documents ending by ensuring the supplier
payment with the finance department.
• Responsible for the purchase orders issuance and follow-up till the reception of the goods and final payments.
• Identifies and selects vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting
criteria such as price, quantity, quality, safety and delivery date
• Prepares commercial and technical comparative offers tables.
• Following up on execution of orders with local and foreign suppliers to ensure
QCD and on ERP workflow and its related financial documentation
• Explore alternate sources to increase suppliers database through market
• Negotiate contracts, improved prices and commercial terms with suppliers
and review opportunities to make business savings.
to be inline with the budget
• Provide monthly reporting/follow-up of the PR/PO status, delivery and supply schedule for the main investments, budget monitoring, contract follow up ( partial payments, deadlines, penalties for delays, penalties for quality and performance assessment)
Expedites approvals in order to shorten the PR/PO approval lead time. Coordination with all stakeholders such as but not limited to: IMCO, Lesaffre Turquie and Lesaffre MECA Purchasing, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering teams,…
Following the IMCO approval rules for the PRs and POs.
• Provides contractors and suppliers pre-qualification and performance assessments
• Attend Weekly meetings with operations and investment to discuss status of pending items , feedback and updates on received items.
Organize weekly meeting with IMCO purchasing team and monthly meeting with MECA purchasing director to keep the coordination on suppliers panel, commercial conditions, project updates.
- Good mechanical background is preferred
- Good analysis skills
- Ability to plan ahead the Purchasing related activity in order to cope with
the Project Schedule
- Adaptability / Flexibility, must be able to work in emergency situation
and peaks in the workload
- Continuous improvement and goal oriented
- Fluent in English.
- Minimum 5 years experience in technical projects (civil works and mechanical).
- Projects based experience.