- Objective of the role: Public relations managers are tasked with fielding media questions and pitching stories to the media, preparing media kits and organizing press conferences. In addition to writing press releases, they write speeches for organizational leaders, develop advertising and marketing communications material and prepare articles for corporate newsletters. Public relations managers also release information to counter negative publicity and handle crisis and emergency communications.
- Reporting to: general manager.
- Length of Probation Period: 1 month.
- University Qualifications: master of Public Relation.
- Nature and length of previous experience: 3 years.
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management