Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
• Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
• Develop cost reduction strategies and savings plans.
• Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
• Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
• Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
• Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
• Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
• Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
• Control purchasing department budgets.
• Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
• Administer online purchasing systems.
• Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
• Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
• Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials.
• Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs
- At least Bachelor's degree in Business/related field
- Minimum Years of Experiences: 10 years’ experience in purchasing, preferably in the Mining Industry including at least 2-3 years office management.
- English: Working Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in executing contractual Terms & Conditions in conjunction with established purchasing policies.
- Team Work capability.
- Negotiation and bargaining skills.
- Desired time to start the work: ASAP
- Communication/Public relations skills.
- Preparing missions inside the country
Can't find jobs you're looking for?
Log In/Register for more opportunities!
Tanavob General Contractor is a private organization founded in 1987. We provide a variety of contracting services, including Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning, Financing and supporting managerial solutions. Taking advantage of the knowledge and experience of highly qualified professionals and persistence on our principles which are Expertise and Dedication, guarantee the success and improvement of the company. Our human capital consists of managerial skills, mental and emotional competencies, functional expertise, communication, decision making and problem solving capabilities. One of the most important characteristics about Tanavob culture is morality. This is one of the founders values which have remained vital over the years of operation. Utilizing morality and other values are one of the main HR selection criterions that will be observed during the recruitment process in our company. The other important criterion is having a hand-on experience especially in construction sites and project life-cycles. We are searching for fast learner team-mates who are committed and ambitious.
500 employees or more
Oil & Gas
Register for free Use
and speed up job searching