• Prepare purchase orders, and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
• Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
• Research and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Negotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
• Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
• Maintain and review computerized or manual records of purchased items, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
• Write and review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
• Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
• Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
• Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price t rends, or futures markets.
• Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
• Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants
Required qualifications & experience
• At least bachelor’s degree. A degree in commerce is an advantage.
• 5-years appropriate experience
• Being familiar with English is an advantage
• Strong communication and presentation skills