- Make detailed drawings (Shop drawings)
- Specify design dimensions and construct models of mechanical devices and parts
- Using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems
- Design scale or full-size blueprints of specialty items, such as furniture and automobile body or chassis components
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
Associate's degree (A. D.) in Mechanical Engineer or technical school in drafting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer knowledge (eg. Word, Auto CAD, Windows, etc.).
Good collaboration with Mechanical engineers
Ability to generate Shop drawings out of general assembly drawings.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively at any level.
Ability to read and write in English language.
Willing to work extra hours and Holidays during special periods (eg. shutdowns, internal and external audits, special projects).