The IT Help Desk Support Engineer provides the first level of IT Support which is usually on-site or in some cases performed remotely. This support includes but is not limited to personal computing, mobile devices, telephone, networks, audio/video conferencing, meeting room equipment, CCTV, access control, or any other site infrastructure. Expected to troubleshoot problems in person, by telephone, or via remote access in a timely and user-friendly manner, providing end-user support during business hours and on-call for emergency support outside business hours. In addition, to performing the above support, this role will also support the central application and infrastructure team with investigating/resolving any IT issues, projects, or changes, that require onsite support assistance
● Take ownership of IT issues reported by users and see problems through to resolution. Ensure that all requests are logged, evaluated, implemented, documented, and reviewed on the IT Help Desk System in a controlled manner as per the processes. Share timely updates/communication with the users.
● Ensure availability/reachability in designated sites throughout the service windows. on-demand availability for non-business hours to support emergency, business critical issues or VIP users as required.
● Provide on-demand IT support to business VIP meetings. Perform proactive checks and regular maintenance on meeting room AV systems (like projectors, TV, Speaker Phones, and other devices) to ensure availability at all times.
● Monitor the helpdesk system queue to pick up requests for the responsible area. Make sure the requests are always resolved in the agreed SLA with accurate and complete information provided.
● Install, upgrade, support, and troubleshoot authorized PC/Laptops, printers, networks, telephone, mobile, and access cards as per the process with configuration standards specific to the company and site.
● Ensure all PC are onboarded to the defender for Windows.
● Ensure no users are given admin access to the PC unless it is exceptionally approved.
● Monitor daily Kaspersky security alerts and action them accordingly.
● Coordinate with authorized vendors including ISP, network providers, and enterprise support as and when requested. Accountable for organizing and maintaining structured cabling for LAN network and phones, Wi-Fi, and Access Points. Assist in configuring basic settings on network devices upon guidance to avail remote access or to connect to a network.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
● 4 years of experience in PC and mobile user support; 1 year of experience in IT Telephony; 1 year of experience in base networking at the site; 1 year of experience in CCTV camera and IP camera.
● MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solution Expert) certified.
● CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate).
● ITIL v3 (IT Infrastructure Library) foundation will be added advantage.