● Perform professional written and oral interpretation and translation activities according to supervisor’s specialization (e.g. MD, RN, IC, Pharmacy, Mental Health, Lab, Logistics, Operations, HR), ensuring medical confidentiality, neutrality, and respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions, and MSF staff.
● Perform administrative tasks required by supervisor (arrangement of meetings, minute taking, and follow-up for patient care).
● Provide necessary feedback to supervisor following discussions and negotiations.
● Assist with reports writing (MSF and Government required reports), ensuring that all meeting minutes are recorded and that translated documents are appropriately filed.
● Ensure that the supervisor knows cultural nuances when dealing with MoH authorities and counterparts to ensure a good working relationship. Educating supervisors on effective methods of culturally sensitive communication and informing international staff about local customs, traditions, etc. will help in better communication and understanding of the context.
● Immediately informing supervisor of any problems that might be linked to individual behavior (counterproductive and/or culturally insensitivity) and declaring any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement).
● Uphold MSF’s core principles, values, quality standards, and Code of Conduct. Respecting MSF’s identification materials and not abusing their use aside from their intended purposes.
● Observe security rules and regulations, NOT putting yourself and others in danger. Promoting and maintaining MSF quality standards.
● Screen phone calls and visitors.
● Receive and record all incoming and outgoing correspondence and emails, keep track of pending matters, flag deadlines, and bring urgent and important items to the attention of the supervisors.
● Type and draft routine correspondence such as entry visas, residence permits, visa/residence ex-tension, exit/re-entry visas, changes in staff list, professional and personal travel permits, freight movement to the fields, hotel booking, etc.
● Translate and type required letters and forms from English to Farsi and vice versa.
● In coordination with Liaison Officer and Field Movements Referent in Geneva, assist with ticket arrangement for MSF staff with external and internal purposes and provide follow-ups for purchase and payment.
● Assist with updating the MSF contact list.
● Assist with gathering required information by searching the internet and making phone calls (such as checking current flight rules, visa-related context, current rules of entering borders, etc.)
● Keep supervisors informed about the ongoing process.
● Perform other related tasks such as arranging accommodation (hotel or MSF Guest House), taxi, food, courier, etc.
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in Management, or other related fields.
● Demonstrated training in translation.
● At least two years of previous working experience. Desirable in MSF or other NGOs.
● Experience in written and oral translations and performing administrative tasks.
● Experience with office procedures and practices.
● Fluent in written and spoken English and Farsi.
● Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
● Results and quality orientation L1.
● Teamwork and cooperation L1.
● Behavioral flexibility L1.
● Commitment.to MSF principles L1.
● Service orientation L1.
● Stress management L2.