The Incumbent is responsible for purchasing production materials for current products as well as new launches, ensuring optimum price and required quality, communicating materials changes and claims, The Specialist deals with Global and local suppliers, Global Procurement as well as R&D with maximum effectiveness and monitors execution of orders in accordance with Agreements and Contracts besides local RFQs and Sourcing Plans.
Areas of responsibility:
Following P2P Process and Procedures:
● Based on the purchase requisitions of MAS/Planning Department, she/he follows price submissions by negotiating suppliers and data entering in ordering portal.
NTM/GIP data maintenance:
● She /He is responsible for procurement master data maintenance such as MAS purchasing views of new materials, local conditions of Purchasing info records and costing views.
Supplier management and engagement:
● She/He is responsible for sharing materials forecast with suppliers and follow up their production lead times to update material planning for on time ordering and handles all claims and complaints to suppliers in case of non-conformity with the relevant contract/agreement, following up with the supplier until an appropriate compensation for such failure is achieved. Initiates corrective measures to prevent such failures in the future, including audits of suppliers.
● She/He is responsible to seek for cost saving opportunities. He/she gives support to price studies, by contacting suppliers and coordinating internal departments and externally with other JTI functions for defining problems and requirements, as well as implementing corrective actions.
Tendering or localization:
● Implements the RFI, RFQ, RFP processes and conducts tenders/bidding in full accordance with the negotiation calendar, company’s policies, procedures and code of conduct. Supports all global, regional and NTM localization projects and closely communicates with the factory as well as Global Procurement.
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Language and Literature.
Work experience and competencies:
● Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar job.
● Excellent understanding of P2P process, local and international trade legislation, and laws.
● Excellent negotiation skills.
● Good communication and coordination competencies.
● Good project management skills and ability to work under pressure.
● Accuracy and attention to details.
● Well-developed time management skills.
Languages and computer skill:
● Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
● Ability to learn company-specific software if required.
● Full command of English written and spoken.