● Gaining a deep understanding of a particular segment of the market or customer groups.
● Specific application of products in the customer position.
● Discovering and recognizing customer challenges and turning those challenges into ideas for a new product or service.
● Developing a business plan and investment plan to develop a new product or improve an existing product.
● Guiding and informing others informally, without submitting formal reports to higher authorities depending on the nature of the product.
● Having a degree in business, especially an MBA, can be very helpful in this regard.
● Quality or operational management skills.
● Experience in technical support.
● Marketing communications.
● Experienced in sales and customer support.
● Complete knowledge of English to the extent of reading Latin texts.
● A deep level of technical expertise is required in this field.
● Critical thinking skills needed to assess customer needs.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on persuading others.