Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for building and maintaining ERM excellence, making ERM a competitive advantage for the Company and helping to sustain a strong risk culture within the organization. This role oversees all aspects of enterprise risk, including strategic risk, reputational risk, and different aspects of operational risk. The individual will also have the accountability to oversee and perform risk identification, assessments, monitoring, and mitigation activities, and is responsible for aligning ERM operations to the Company’s overall business strategy. This role will also work closely and collaboratively with peers, executives, the Risk Oversight Committee and the Board Risk Committee on risk-related matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees and maintains the integrated Enterprise Risk Management framework for the entire organization including risk identification and mitigation activities.
• Assesses risk throughout the organization.
• Quantifies risk limits and develops ERM key performance indicators.
• Integrates risk concepts into strategic planning.
• Monitors the progress of risk mitigation activities.
• Creates and disseminates risk measurements and reports (ERM dashboards and related Committee dashboards) and works with risk owners to understand and respond to the reported data.
• Communicates to key stakeholders regarding the risk profile of the business.
• Owner of enterprise level policies on behalf of the Board, e.g. model risk policy, ERM Risk Framework, Risk Tolerances, etc.
• Ensures policies and risk controls are operating appropriately and at levels that meet or exceed regulatory expectations and requirements.
• Leads model risk management for the Company including documentation and management of model inventory.
• Actively manages, leads and/or participates in internal committees, including Risk Oversight, and risk-related subcommittees, as well as assists with agenda planning and material preparation (dashboard reporting, and other risk-related materials) for the board and its committees.
• Manages and helps lead the Company’s response to BCP and risk-related incidents, including collaborating with key business partners to execute timely, effective and methodical responses.
• Completes other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Proven leadership ability with a keen focus on effective execution
• Solution-focused with ability to proactively offer strategic recommendations
• Influential coaching and consulting
• Track record as an effective, consultative, and collaborative partner
• Good negotiation skills and ability to resolve conflict between teams/individuals so that functional/organizational objectives are achieved
• Provides internal customers with consultative and friendly service, exceeding their expectations while responding promptly, efficiently and accurately
• Excellent critical and strategic thinker with the ability to effectively communicate and influence at the highest levels of the organization
• High level of written and oral communication skills
• Strong knowledge of processes
• Organized, detail-oriented, independent worker with a focus on self and associate accountability