To manage Seed trial process from receiving the seeds, to arranging, implementing and concluding trials, and preparing reports.
This will include the followings:
- Receiving sample seeds from our seed suppliers
- Keeping detailed track of the sample seeds received
- Planning for the seed trials based on the crops and varieties' characteristics
- Arranging trial and making sure all sample seeds received are tested in a timely manner
- Setting up the team to implement trial and evaluate the varieties
- Preparing detailed and objective trial reports
- Liaising with the sales team to obtain a good understanding of the market requirements
- Liaising with import department to receive new sample seeds to match market requirements
- Following up with management and imports department to make sure selected varieties are commercialised
- Good record keeping and data management to be able to track back the outcome of trials for different items tested
- Minimum 10 years experience in the agriculture industry.
- Experience in growing vegetables both open field and indoor
- Hardworking personality with a "get the job done" attitude
- To be able to deal with people from different walks of life
- Competent in both written and spoken English
- To be able to work as part of a team
- To be able to work under pressure
- To be able to meet deadlines
- To work under minimum supervision
- To be able to find solutions or compromises to move the project forward (not to sit back and watch as soon as the project encounters a problem)
- This role will require frequent domestic travel
- This is not a 8-5 job. Early starts, and late finishes are common at times.
- This position is physically intensive. Lifting and moving heavy boxes will be required.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft office including Excel is required.