Promote the company and develop sales of the Food and Beverage product range to achieve agreed business targets and meet customer needs. Build relationships with key contacts and customers, seeking and pursuing opportunities to grow sales of existing and development products.
We are currently seeking an innovation, entrepreneurial Sales Manager to grow our Food and Beverage business within Barentz Iran Distributing.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to lead existing businesses, build and develop new businesses in the Food & Health industry within Iran.
Reporting Line & Location
• The Sales Manager will report to the Country Manager in Iran / Territory Manager in Germany.
• This role will be based in Tehran, Iran. Travel will be part of the job.
• Manage a set range of Accounts in Iran, further develop the existing customers and attract new ones in the Food and Beverage market segment.
• Work closely with the Country Manager, identifying any additional opportunities in this area. Responsible for meeting set budgetary goals with particular emphasis on the turnover target.
• Secure and develop new businesses, obtain new suppliers and product lines.
• Generate sales and profitable margins by managing and expanding existing business and targeting and opening new business.
• Manage, develop and understand the needs of a growing customer base, making regular visits to these accounts to build, maintain and manage relationships with key contacts at all levels.
• Seek and gather the right marketing / competitive information and propose to Country Manager for approval, in order to optimize returns to achieve business growth.
• Seek out, analyze and develop new accounts, promoting sales of both existing, new and development products in line with business growth strategies.
• Identify and recommend new product range opportunities through the market surveys.
• Gather, analyze, interpret and present market, product, competitor and industry data to enable the development of the forward strategy of the business.
• Pro-actively monitor and review payment terms against customer portfolio, ensuring that payment terms and methods are adhered to, keeping business risk to a minimum. Ensure that payment terms and cash flow implications are considered at time of negotiation for all new and existing businesses.
• Create and communicate development plans to ensure that business objectives are optimized and sales retention and growth targets are achieved.
• Carry out visits to target customers to promote products and provide feedback to business and suppliers of customer response and activity.
• Ensure compliance and conformity with local regulations for new businesses.
• Ensure the implementation and monitoring of campaigns.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree or higher in Food Science Technology or Business is required.
• 5 years of progressive experience in sales / commercial / leadership roles in Iran’s Food and Beverage Industries market.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Able to liaise with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
• Communication in English (written and verbal).
• Strong Team Player.
• Excellent time management skills in order to follow different assigned targets.
• Highly organized, hands-on, able to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Sense of ownership and drive (problem solver, self-starter with a bias for prompt action and removing roadblocks, accountable to get things done in a timely manner).
• IT knowledge (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
• The requirements of the job will develop and change due to the needs of the business and the employee will be expected to adapt to these changes. This list is not absolute and the employee will be expected to carry out any tasks and duties for which he/she is trained.
Why this opportunity is worth applying for
• You will experience a challenging job within a dynamic and growing company culture.
• You will be part of an open and team oriented international environment, with strong focus on high quality products and service.
• You will enjoy a job with a lot of autonomy, but where you can also count on support from your team and colleagues all around the world.
Careers at Barentz
At Barentz, we like to explore opportunities and push out the edges of what can be. Our people are motivated to work independently, with a true team spirit. They can grow, think and create with us, and with our customers and suppliers.
Every employee brings inspiration and innovation to our business and we seek out achievers to help us and our customers achieve ambitious goals.
Our people come from and live in many countries around the world. They think global and act local. Our defined core values enable us to work together seamlessly and deliver on our promises to customers and suppliers en route to our vision of being the preferred ingredients partner of our customers and our suppliers.
Working with Barentz means listening and responding well to the needs of our customers.
Are you that colleague that puts the needs of customers first? Is it your habit to go out of your way to offer the right solutions to customers? Do you think it is fun and interesting to work with colleagues across the international Barentz organization? Then we'd like to hear from you with a cover letter and your resume.