Provide psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve patient mental health.
Responsibilities not exhaustive:
• Carry out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment.
• Inform the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
• Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, and group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
• Assist and train staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
• Collect statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
• Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
• Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential.
Specific requirements for the role:
• Recognized Psychology diploma
• 2 years of work experience
• Experience in addiction desirable
• Fluent in Farsi and professional in English
• Computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
Personal attributes required:
• Stress Management
• Results and quality orientation