The Database and Data Warehouse Specialist requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the data warehouse environment, including the database, operating systems and tools. Responsibilities include Installation, Maintenance, and Design, Development and Management of OLTP / OLAP databases in Microsoft or Oracle environments.
- Installation, Development and management for new data warehouse.
- Prepare plans for all ETL procedures and architectures.
- Analyze various data warehouse objects.
- Evaluate all codes and ensure quality of all project deliverables.
- Working closely with the Basic Software Group (BSG) manager and internal customers to design, develop and maintain reports / analytics capability.
- Managing the database aspects of the reporting and analytics platform(s) to ensure that reporting jobs are successfully run and analytics data aligns to timeliness / completeness requirements.
- Creating, modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Working on database to ensure that the database and data warehouse is tuned for optimal performance.
- Working with business analysts and project managers to develop and refine reporting and analytics requirements.
- Ensure that the physical designs for the data warehouse and its data structures align with IT strategies, architecture frameworks and logical data models.
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information
- Troubleshooting technical issues, finding the root cause and designing, proposing, and implementing solutions
- Bachelor`s degree in a related field; master`s degree (or equivalent work experience) and Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft data analysis and Modelling tools (SSIS, SSAS)
- Proven experience working with query languages including T-SQL, MDX, Power Shell and PL/SQL.
- Having good experience of query optimization and performance tuning
- Experience in using Source Control Software like Team Foundation Server
- Experienced in using any Agile Project Management tool like JIRA
- Experience in creating / maintaining as-built documentation owned jointly across a team.
- Strong commitment to deadlines and to client service (internal and external)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well and deliver under pressure.
Can't find jobs you're looking for?
Log In/Register for more opportunities!
Solico Group is an alliance of 33 companies with same majority shareholders and almost 14,000 employees. The group is the leading private owned food processing and distribution network that accounts for a major share of the Iranian market with exports to the regional countries such as Iraq, U.A.E., Canada, Oman and CIS countries.
Solico Group is specialized in dairy and ice cream with a daily intake of 1.5 million liters of milk, as well as processed meat products, ready and frozen meals with a daily output of 50 tons. The other specialized fields are production of sauces and dressings as well as alcohol free beverages. The group also enjoys the comfort of having its own plant for supply of packaging material.
Solico is active in production, distribution and sales of several products such as:
- Dairy (Kalleh)
- Meat (Amol Meat Kalleh, Tehran Meat Solico)
- Ice Cream (Kalleh, R-Ice)
- Beverages (Castle Brau, Shams)
- Chocolate and Bread (Baharan Gol)
Solico focuses on improving the level of wellness, innovation and satisfaction in customers by the products and in the mind of employees by the company culture.
500 employees or more
Retail, Shop & Supermarket
Register for free Use
and speed up job searching
Jobs and Employment for Iranian professionals
Find jobs in best Iranian companies and international firms active in Iran.