• To design the core network circuit switch (CS) architecture considering short/long term vision of the company and alignment with marketing and financial aspects.
• To prepare /audit core network circuit switch high level and detailed design.
• To establish proper interaction with other departments (ITS/RA,..) to coordinate for impacts of core CS planning.
• To monitor CS Core NW traffic and optimization of the core network considering capacity and performance aspects.
• To participate in initiating and forecasting the necessary growth in capital projects of CS core network taking into consideration changes in the Regulatory environment and technology/product road-maps of the relevant supplier(s)
• To assist in aligning the CS core planning activities with developments in industry and devising viable solutions considering financial constraints of the company.
• To prepare/audit CS core NW elements BOQ and discussions with the vendors for optimal Capex solutions.
• To coordinate with vendors for detailed CS core network planning and database planning of core elements.
• To ensure that all nodes configurations are sized appropriately to handle traffic projections for all calling scenarios required by the customers.
• To ensure that sufficient CS core network capacity is deployed with a 6-month headroom to cater for the traffic forecast.
• To participate in Group initiatives/activities in the area of CS core planning.
• To document methodologies, plans, policies and procedures for CS core network planning, record keeping of technical details on network design, implementation plans and capital projects.
• To analyze impact of VAS /IN services on CS core network planning and to mould the plans accordingly
• B.Sc. in Technology Systems (Telecommunication Management / Information Technology) or related
• Fluent in English
• Minimum 3 years in a Telecom environment, preferably in a GSM planning and network design environment with experience on value-added voice services.
• Knowledge of operation core NEs.
• Experience working in a medium organization
• Trends within Technology
• Network Business Objectives
• Knowledge of vendors and suppliers capacity and trends
• Knowledge of other network provider’s developments
• Basic Telecom legislation
• Basic CRA regulations
• GSM core network elements (MSC/MGW/HSS/STP/EIR/SPS/IMS,)
• Traffic analyzing
• Equipment dimensioning principles
• Well conversant with core network interfaces dimensioning
• Enough experience about all call flow and voice/VAS services
• Familiar with VIMS and NVF concept.