● Arrange appointments with doctors, pharmacists, and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular 'cold' calling.
● Make presentations to doctors, practice staff, and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors, and pharmacists in the retail sector.
● Organize conferences for doctors and other medical staff.
● Build and maintain positive working relationships with medical staff and support administrative staff.
● Manage budgets for catering, outside speakers, conferences, and hospitality
● Keep detailed records of all contacts.
● Win new customers, as well as develop long-term relationships with existing ones.
● Meet and, if possible, exceed sales targets, regularly monitoring your business plans to make sure you achieve this.
● Plan work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables with the area sales team or discuss future targets with the area sales manager.
● Regularly attend company meetings, technical data presentations, and briefings.
● Keep up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpret, present and discuss this data with health professionals during presentations.
● Analyze sales data to improve results and make sure resources are effectively allocated.
● Monitor competitor activity and competitors' products.
● Keep up to date with new developments in the NHS, anticipate potential negative and positive impacts on the business, and adapt strategy accordingly.
● Develop strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector.
● Stay informed about the activities of health services in a particular area.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacology or any related field is required for a medical sales representative role.
● Highly persuasive.
● Strong negotiation and sales skills.
● At least 2 years of experience in the respiratory line.
● Able to travel, self motivative, and work under pressure.