The buyer/expeditor is responsible for performing procurement/expediting activities, as per project procurement procedures/requirements, to ensure the timely purchase/delivery of materials and equipment.
Duties for the successful candidates will include:
● Evaluate and select vendors or suppliers.
● Issue Request for Quotation (RFQ), expedite and collect offers from bidders.
● Perform bid evaluations, and contract negotiations and issue purchase orders.
● Develop the post-order action plans in accordance with project procurement strategies.
● Expedite vendor documents from the first issue to final approval.
● Update and review regularly the latest vendor’s production progress and delivery status.
● Ensure the compliance of the supplier to the conditions of the purchase order.
● Manage invoice issues and timely resolution.
● Support and attend Internal and external meetings where appropriate.
● Coordinate transportation and logistics.
● PO close out work.
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, or Civil/Structural Engineering.
● At least 5 years of experience in purchasing/expediting.
● Proficient in the use of computers and commonly-used business software.
● Ability to work as a team member.
● Good command of English.
● Good negotiation skills.