The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Tehran is accepting applications for a full-time assistant position. Successful applicants will be expected to begin his/her work in October 2021.
Position: Economic Section Assistant
Job description (Illustrative list, specific descriptions to be confirmed after the selection)
● Daily newspaper monitoring and translation.
● Fact-finding regarding economic issues.
● Arranging meetings between the Embassy and Iranian Organizations.
● Assisting the economic section to hold conferences and seminars.
● Do any other tasks directed by Korean diplomats.
● Deadline: September 30, 2021 (Late submissions will not be considered in any circumstances)
Please fill out the resume in the attached form in English and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the Administrative Assistant”. All the references for the resume, including certificates for education, language, employment, and/or any other documents, shall be submitted in the same email. Applicants should also submit both (a) their record of a criminal conviction, which have been issued by the Public Court of the Islamic Republic of Iran and (b) drug test from the authorized medical centers. Applications that lack either document will be deemed ineligible for the further process. (The Embassy will consider ‘receipts’ for applying those documents as invalid. It is the applicant’s duty to provide the aforementioned documents until the deadline (Jan. 19th).)
● Applicants may submit recommendation letters (letters of references) at their discretion. An applicant who submits the letters should provide the contact information of the recommenders.
● Applicants who have been selected for an assessment test and interview will be contacted no later than October 4, 2021. The Embassy will not make any contact with the applicants who are deemed to be ineligible for further consideration.
● An assessment test and interview are expected to be held during the second week of October. All tests/interviews will be conducted in English, and applicants are expected to show their English proficiencies and/or their competencies at work during the evaluation process.
● Any application which does not meet any above-mentioned conditions will NOT be considered in any circumstances, and any descriptions for which references are not provided will be deemed invalid in the evaluation process.
Please note that the Embassy will NOT take any inquiries on which this notice has informed, including those on whether an applicant has passed/failed on the procedure.
● Proven ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision in an intercultural environment.
● Timeliness in response to tasking and capacity to prioritize competing work demands within working hours to meet deadlines.
● Self-motivated and self-directed learner who is open to diverse work portfolios.
● Expert level of computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoints) and web research capacity.
● Native level of communications skills in English, including translation techniques between Persian and English.
● Preferred qualifications: (i) Applicants majored in or having understandings of Economics (ii) Applicants with work experience in embassies (highly preferred with a similar work portfolio).