We are an international business development company with multiple offices in the Middle East and North America. We are looking for a website developer, responsible for the content, coding, design, and layout of our client's websites according to their specifications. As the role takes into consideration content, user experience, and function, a certain level of English proficiency, graphic design, and computer programming is necessary. Once a website project has been created, the Web Developer will generally assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the website.
● Writing efficient code.
● Creating websites/a website using standard HTML/CSS practices.
● Communicating with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe.
● Researching different software programs, and maintaining software documentation.
● Implementing contingency plans in case the website goes down.
● Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the website once built.
● Managing a team might also be part of the job role.
● Conceptualizing creative ideas to implement the development of the project with clients.
● Testing and improving the design of the website projects.
● Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
● Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
● Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
● Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
● Designing sample pages including colors and fonts.
● Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in Programming or Graphic Design.
● Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
● Good understanding of content management systems.
● Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
● Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
● Excellent visual design skills.
● Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
● Creative and open to new ideas.
● Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
● Excellent communication skills.