***Please make sure to apply through the provided link after pressing "apply". NRC will only consider applications that come through Webcruiter***
- The Partnership Capacity Building Specialist will lead on the development and the implement NRC Iran partnership strategy.
- The role requires a diverse set of skills including an understanding of partnership programming in protracted crisis and the ability to collaboratively increase national NGOs’ organizational capacity.
- The Partnership Specialist will promote ways of working that respect partner contributions to the achievement of the programmatic goals and supports adherence to humanitarian principles.
- The Partnership Specialist and his/her team will also be directly responsible for operational capacity building of key partners on cross – cutting support functions and overall organizational management.
- The position will be part of the technical programme unit and work closely with other Technical Specialists and Project Managers to ensure effective development and implementation of partnership strategy, including development of tools and their application in the field.
- The successful candidate will be a strong networker with the ability to explain and share knowledge with a wide range of stakeholders.
- The position leads the Partnerships team, made of 2 Partnership Technical Officers, 1 Capacity Building Officer and 1 INTPA CSO Project Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead on adapting NRC global partnership toolkit and develop NRC Iran way of working around partnership, including role and responsibilities through the Project Cycle and ensuring the application of appropriate systems and practices;
- Ensure a harmonised approach to partnership among NRC Iran programme response and NRC partners in line with NRC policy, guidance notes and toolkits;
- Support fundraising for projects that involves direct implementation of local partners;
- Lead on identify partners, assess their capacity, develop capacity building plan, transfer of relevant NRC experience and tools;
- Manage the members of the partnership team and ensure that NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines are used;
- Ensure smooth budget management for all budget lines related with capacity building of partners;
- Lead on learning and development of NRC staff on issues of partnership, ensuring NRC Iran partnership approach is disseminated across all units and area offices;
- Inputs into NRC Global Strategy on partnership by liaising with relevant HO units as well as with other Country offices that are developing similar approaches to partnership;
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and consideration of NRC global and regional strategies when executing functions related to this role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in humanitarian/development field, preferably in partnerships and civil society strengthening
- Proven ability to work effectively with national and local civil society organizations required
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Excellent coordination, communication (verbal and written) and networking skills
- Master degree or equivalent on relevant field (international relations, social science, law or similar)
- Fluency in both English and Farsi (speaking, reading, writing)
- Planning across complex activities or complex projects
- Advanced analytical and innovative thinking, anticipates future developments, works with complex technical information, develops strategy
- Ability to transfer knowledge and knowledge of adult learning principles
- Advanced professional within a relevant technical field and substantial experience
- Detailed knowledge internally of relevant NRC activities, detailed knowledge externally of the relevant context
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills