The Senior Project Finance Specialist will be responsible for the financial planning, financial modelling for both in house executive management as well as external investors, cash budgeting, cash flow analysis, raising of equity and debt financing of the Solar PV plants in Iran. A combination of business and financial skills is essential.
The main responsibility for this role is to raise debt and equity at project or Iran group level, active financial management and control for the ongoing and future projects, whilst ensuring that GEPs financial return objectives are met with respect to project cash outflow, cash inflow, optimized tax/legal structuring for the utility scale solar PV plants in Iran. This will include, but is not limited to;
• Arranging new sources of finance for a company's debt and mezzanine facilities;
• Executing new sources of capital raising/equity for a company's solar projects in Iran;
• Lead and assess best entry in Equity/Debt Capital Markets projects including IPOs, Accelerated Equity Offerings, Sukuk bonds, and other types of capital-raising instruments
• Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g., investment bankers, lenders and statutory organizations, auditors.
BUDGETING AND FINANCIAL MODELLING
• Providing and interpreting Projects’ financial models, Projects cash budgets and Iran Office cash budgets;
• Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities in Projects cash flows and budgets;
• Monitoring and interpreting Project’s cash flows and predicting future trends that may impact it;
• Developing financial management tools for the Iran Office that minimize financial risk for the organization;
• Researching and reporting on factors influencing business plan viability and performance
• Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation (i.e. FX, rules for FDI, etc.);
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Min. 5 years of experience at a top-tier investment bank, transaction advisory services firm and/or in a senior investing role with demonstrated transnational experience
• Specific experience executing Mergers & Acquisitions, Acquisition and Corporate Financing transactions including High Yield debt, Sukuk, Leveraged Loans, Equity, Investment Grade Debt and Investment Grade Loans in both Public and Private markets
• Min. Master degree in Finance or similar
• CFA desirable
• Excellent analytical, quantitative and modeling skills; specifically analyzing complex operating/financial/valuation/credit models
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Farsi mother tongue)
• Ability to think creatively and independently
• Ability to work well in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced work environment
Can't find jobs you're looking for?
Log In/Register for more opportunities!
GEP Iran is a leading independent Iranian solar IPP. GEP Iran is currently building its first 10 MW solar farm in South Khorasan and is already securing sites to exceed 200 MW of projects to be executed in 2018. The company has been established in Teheran in 2016 and today counts multiple offices across the nation and specialized personnel exceeding 15 people. GEP was established with the sole focus to develop the Iranian solar market by Phelan Energy Group, a world leading private solar IPP and innovator in renewable energy and storage, specializing in the low cost production of photovoltaic solar electricity. Phelan Energy Group has to date 175 MWp of projects in operation, in excess of 160 MWp in preferred bidder status under construction during 2017/2018. PEG’s project pipeline is in excess of 2GW.
Power & Utilities
Register for free Use
and speed up job searching
Jobs and Employment for Iranian professionals
Find jobs in best Iranian companies and international firms active in Iran.