• 3+ years of combined experience as a Linux system administrator, system engineer, kernel or driver developer, or similar roles. (Debian/Ubuntu variants preferred)
• Display enthusiasm about Linux; tracking kernel development and major distribution releases to maintain current knowledge of operating systems features and capabilities.
• A deep understanding of Linux operating system internals with experience building kernels, compiling drivers, providing performance tuning guidance and crash analysis.
• Proven knowledge of Linux kernel internals (process scheduler, memory management, concurrency/synchronization, memory allocation, and file systems), networking, and storage subsystems architecture.
• Skilled with C Programming and Python.
• Build automation and configuration management
• Understanding of related system technologies such as UEFI, Visualization, Containerization, and Storage volume management
• Ability to independently consult across teams and larger organizations to guide direction and educate a variety of technical levels on hardware/operating system interaction.
• Show a consistent dedication to documentation and sharing knowledge.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
• Degree in software engineering
• Exposure to Docker, LXC or other container technologies
• Project Management, organization, and time management
Work Experience: 3 Years