The BI manager is responsible for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business’s operational and analytics databases.
The BI manager works with the business’s software engineers, data analytics teams, data scientists, and data warehouse engineers in order to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any existent issues.He/she has to be an expert in SQL development further providing support to the Data and Analytics in database design, data flow and analysis activities. The position of the BI manager also plays a key role in the development and deployment of innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing.Also defines and builds the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business. The candidate must demonstrate experience working with large and complex data sets as well as experience analyzing volumes of data through basic Microsoft Excel functions, for example, macros and pivot tables. A candidate for this position will also have had experience working in internet technologies, for example, SaaS (Software as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), and PaaS (Platform as a Service).A suitable candidate will also have had experience in the creation and debugging of databases critical to the business’s mission. The candidate will have strong working and conceptual knowledge of building and maintaining physical and logical data models and experience with Tableau, Domo or other business intelligence tools.A suitable candidate for the position will also have had system management expertise with monitoring, disaster recovery, backup, automated testing, automated schema migration, source controlling, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
• Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
• Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
• Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
• Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems, such as administration, sells, accounting or claims.
• Design and implement warehouse database structures.
• Evaluate data quality.
• Develop diagrams or flow charts of system operation.
users for data management
• Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues, and vendors
• Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
• Fluency in the use of tools such as C#, VB, Python, Java knowledge and strong T-SQL programming
• Be capable of developing databases using SSIS packages, T-SQL, MSSQL, and MySQL scripts
• Ability to design, build, and maintain the business’s ETL pipeline and data warehouse. The candidate will also demonstrate expertise in data modeling and query performance tuning on SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres or similar platforms.
• Highly motivated, technical savvy, analytic thinking, and entrepreneurial person to lead the day to day teams in how to best use data and ad tech to drive client goals.