We are looking for a team player, with natural product intuition, who can work harder, faster, and smarter, without sacrificing technical excellence. As a Back-End Team Leader, you will supply the team with valuable knowledge and insights. You understand the bigger picture of how your technical contributions will impact the products. The other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals. You strive to prove that technical and leadership matters are not conflicting and that you can develop both simultaneously.
Tasks in detail:
● Building the services, keeping them running, and mentoring the team.
● Working most of the time with Node.js, Python, Redis, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
● Writing scalable code quickly and iteratively.
● Analyzing information and evaluating results, to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
● Discussing the tradeoff between software architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and an applied level.
● Collaborating in quarter planning, planning sprints, and participating in retrospective meetings.
● Monitoring efficiently, thorough documentation, and proper test coverage.
● Ensuring the performance, work satisfaction, and growth of the team.
● Overseeing coding standards, architectural policies, and other team policies.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, and preferably a Mater's degree.
● At least 4 years of professional software development experience and leadership.
● Proficiency in coding and debugging.
● Knowledge of at least one programming language and willingness to learn more.
● Proficiency in data structures and algorithms.
● Expert in software architecture.
● Experience in database design.
● Experience in Linux or Unix operating systems.
● Experience in team leadership.
● Familiarity with production-grade orchestration.