As an Investment Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing VC fund investment opportunities. Our analysts work closely with associates, vice-presidents, and partners and due-diligence teams. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and running of the office over the long term.
• Performs in-depth industry, technology, investment, and bench marking examinations and produces.
• Supports deal underwriting efforts; reviews and analyses business plans; performs business, market, product, and team construction due diligence on transactions; researches industries and competitors; and documents findings.
• Builds financial and analytical models and conducts sensitivity analyses on prospect investments and portfolio companies.
• Supports Ventures day-to-day operations; assisting with reporting / analysis and on-going run requirements.
• Supports operational activities including internal business partner management, internal and external marketing efforts, and participates in conferences and other external events to promote Nationwide Ventures in the entrepreneurial and venture capital ecosystem.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Strong interest in venture capital investments.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, strong and creative business writing skills.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• The ability and drive to add your own judgement to the investment process
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• General understanding of investment processes and valuation methodologies.
• Detail-oriented and able to manage competing priorities across a variety of tasks and timelines.
• Ability to make well-reasoned conclusions and recommendations regarding research and analysis.
• Ability to work both independently and with a team under tight deadlines in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.