- Engineering Manager understands customers and automotive industry requirements and standards, and converts them into engineering technical specifications and provides these technical specifications to relevant staff and suppliers.
- The technical and engineering manager plays an important role in the compilation of product technical documentation, including product quality design.
- Describe the duties of the technical and engineering manager, compile technical documentation including drawings, purchase information, product and service acceptance criteria, packaging design, etc. and monitor it's implementation in the organization.
Engineering and Technical Manager in Automotive Industry:
Mastering quality engineering tools such as FMEA potential failure analysis, QFD customer-centric design, MSA measurement system analysis, SPC statistical and cartographic control, product preparation and monitoring (including SQA, SURVEY PLAN, SPAS , RFQ) and the process of project construction and management.
Description of the duties of Technical and Engineering Manager:
The most important technical and engineering responsibilities are as follows:
- Understand the quality policy and align the activities of the department in relation to them
- Formulate the objectives and quality plan of the engineering department and recommend it to management
- Striving to achieve the goals and plans of quality and reporting to management
- Assist in identifying the risks and opportunities of the organization's processes and trying to control them
- Assist in the preparation of relevant guidelines and procedures
- Collaborating on the processes associated with engineering
- Identify the requirements, standards and test plans for product and service and updating them
- Supervise control of technical documentation and legal requirements related to products and services
- Application of software for technical documentation compilation
- Supervise the compilation or revision of technical and engineering drawings
- Holding meetings with customers to clarify their requirements
- Developing product or service quality plan including product purchase information, product control features, test and inspection methods, packaging design, etc
- Pay attention to products and services safety issues in it's design and development process.
- Developing schedules for designing and developing new products
- Establishing specialized work groups for product design and development
- Designing and proposing new products
- Economic perspective and ability of financial analysis and feasibility of project and cost reduction topics
- Identify and analyze competitors
- Report on the technical and engineering status of products and services and submit to management
- Knowledge management
- Project Management
- Monitoring and measuring related processes and presenting to the ISO Management Representative
- Product Design Certification
- Ensure validation of new product design and development
- Control design and product and product changes
-Applying corrective and preventive measures to eliminate actual and potential mismatches
- Determining the educational effectiveness of training courses for trained personnel of quality control unit
- Determining staff training needs and reporting to training unit
- Attending management review meetings and raise quality control issues
- Identify the equipment and machinery needed to improve or develop the product
- Assessment of the layout of machinery and equipment in production halls and its revision to increase production capacity
- Designing molds and fixtures needed to produce products
- Initial evaluation and performance of suppliers of machinery, equipment and molds
- Monitoring and controlling customers properties including molds and fixtures.
- Communicate and report to stakeholders on quality issues of a product or service and management system such as a standard or customer organization.
- Ensure compliance of manufacturing and manufacturing processes with legal requirements and regulations
- Perform other duties assigned by the management
University Qualifications: BSc in electronic Engineering, Rough Knowledge & Experience of mechanical Engineering .
Other certifications obtained: IATF or ISO/TS .
Nature and length of previous experience: Minimum two years .
Specialist knowledge: Electronic Programming, CATIA, AUTOCAD.
Soft Skills and Personality traits: Leadership and team building ability, Negotiation Skills, Team work ability, communication skills, Delegation ability, Breeding successors to reach higher goals and levels.