United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Tehran
Posted a year ago
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an consultancy assignment and not a job opportunity. The selected andidated will be awarded UNDP consultancy contract for a short period indicated below.
For applying for this job please refer to UNDP Iran website:
Title of Assignment: Consultancy Service for Strategic Guidance to the RC/UNCT on Sustainable Development
Duration: The assignment will be completed on 30 September 2019.
• Advise RC and UNCT in strategic planning for effective implementation of (new generation) of Common Country Analysis (CCA)/ UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) while being mindful of National Development Plan of IR Iran;
• Identify, analyze, prioritize and bolster possibilities of joint programing and joint programs among UN entities in response to national priorities and in line with UNDAF based on analyses done by the incumbent and the Economist consultant;
• Advise RC on establishing, expanding, and improving partnerships with national, regional, international public and private entities to pave the way for the fulfilment of new generation of CCA/UNDAF;
• Support RC in formulation and implementation of the UN Partnership Strategy as well as Resource Mobilization Strategy, and initiatives in support of achieving Sustainable Development through UNDAF;
• Lead on and/or support designing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of joint programs, and joint programming processes amongst UN entities on the new generation of CCA/UNDAF;
• Promote the UNDAF and the Joint Workplans, ensuring that the UNDAF framework is followed-through and well-reported through UNINFO and an annual One UN Country Results Report is provided to the Government and other stakeholders;
• Provide recommendation to RC/UNCT in actively communicating strategic vision for the UN in the country, articulated through the UNDAF which is consistent with UN values, aligned with Sustainable Development and committed to the principles of universality, equality and leaving no one behind.
2) UN Reform/Repositioning
• Provide strategy advice to RC/UNCT on repositioning of the UN System in country, especially related to the Standard Operating Procedures for Delivering as One;
• Advise the RC in asserting vision and accountability for the UN to operate as a nimble and enterprising development partner;
• Facilitate engagement of all agencies resident and non-resident - and other relevant UN entities, including at HQ and (sub-) regional level, in the inter-agency fora and in discussions with external partners;
• Facilitate coherence in the different intra-agency coordination bodies, including with the UN Communications Group (UNCG), UN Monitoring and Evaluation Group (UN MEG), Operations Management team (OMT), Disaster Management Team (DMT) and the Security Management Team (SMT);
• Advise on positioning the UN as a key provider of integrated services and as a platform in support of the Sustainable Development, in consultations with a broad range of stakeholders.
3) Promote knowledge management and capacity development in- and outside the UN System
• Effectively manage/transfer/communicate knowledge across different UN and non-UN entities;
• Design circular feedback mechanism between UN and non-UN entities for UN strategy alignment/fine-tuning.
4) Overall management of the RC Office
• Ensure efficient and effective coordination support to the RC and adherence to organizational policies and procedures;
• Support the formulation and implement the work program of the RCO, in collaboration with the Coordination Associate, allocating and monitoring RCO resources for the delivery of outputs, and reporting on results;
• Promote a work environment in the RC Office and across UN entities that is conducive to innovation, engagement with a diverse set of stakeholders and delivering results.
The Consultant is required to have the following eligibility criteria:
• At least Master's degree in Management with concentration/academic knowledge in public policy, economics, entrepreneurship, development studies. MA in Strategic Management, Futures Studies or Change Management is an advantage.
• At least 7 years of progressively responsible for corporate and/or Business-level strategy formulation, planning, senior advisory role on strategy implementation and evaluation, professional experience in the relevant field of international development, programme management, social policy development, particularly in middle income countries;
• Extensive relevant experience in strategic analysis, socio-economic analytics, management and coordination of multi-sectoral teams. Proved experience in effective joint resource mobilization, establishing and expanding public-private partnerships and networking.
• Extensive experience working in complex and diverse teams;
• Proved experience in large scale knowledge management at international level.
• Extensive knowledge on Agenda 2030, SDGs, UNDAF, UN Reform, National Development Plan and economy of Iran.
• Proficiency in English and Persian, written and spoken is mandatory. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable