• Analyze Markets.
• Develop Business Plan and Sourcing Strategies for spending pools.
• Lead Sourcing effort; influence customers to seek best value based on objective criteria
• Deliver Savings
• Plays an effective role in the problem solving.
• Supplier development and supplier evaluation for sourcing buyer’s contracts
• Establishes productive contacts with suppliers which yield information and timely solutions to problems.
• Actively leads the overall assessment of His/Her vendor capabilities.
• Actively leads the overall assessment of his/her vendors.
• Owns Purchases action plan and monthly follow-ups..
• Owns any confirmation/emergency Purchase Orders
• Proactively ensures that a balanced assessment of risk is developed, understood and considered outside of has clear understanding of decision making process (knows whom to ask what and when)
• Excellent understanding of Procurement Cycle
• Excellent understanding of the Sourcing Cycle
• Excellent knowledge of internal control principles
• A thorough, current knowledge of alternative types of commercial agreements
• Good knowledge of tax regulation.
• Understands the markets involved and the external and internal forces that make them move.
• Has good knowledge of cost structure
• Establishes/maintains appropriate sources of industry/materials information.
Customer Service skills
• "Business Sense".
• Team player, able to fully contribute on a cross-functional team. Able to show the customer how value is added by Procurement and make self an automatic member of such teams.
• Business needs oriented, focused on business needs and objectives.
Has clear understanding of business and customer needs
. Computer skills
• Basic level: E-mail
• Advanced level: Oracle, BO, Excel, Word, Internet/Intranet Tools
• Works well with others: individuals, teams
• Can facilitate small groups.
• Is well organized
• Has very strong reasoning skills
• Challenges when does not agree, able to say “NO” when appropriate
• Self-starter, works without supervision
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Team effectiveness management
• Speak, write, and understand English